Thursday, June 7, 2012

18 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 18 weeks

Total Weight Gain: minus 7 lbs

Baby Size: Sweet Potato (about 5.6 in, 6.7 oz.)

Maternity Clothes: I modified one pair of jeans with a ponytail holder, but my shirts are still fitting fine

Gender: Getting more and more excited to know the gender!  Only a couple more weeks!

Movement: I think I felt something this week!!!  I was sitting at work with Tara and all of a sudden a little ripple ran across my belly!  I stood up real fast and said - I felt the baby move!  I was trying to explain the feeling to Neil later, so I put my cheek against his arm, then licked inside my cheek with my tongue.
 
Sleep: I'm sleeping good!  I can't remember needing to get up during the night to go to the bathroom - really the whole time I've been pregnant (except maybe when I was so sick).  That's quite a blessing, but I'm sure it will change before long!
 
What I miss: I'm still on cloud 9, and I'm not missing a whole lot!  I am really enjoying being pregnant, and comment on it quite often (usually while patting my belly) to Neil or just to myself.  I sure miss my family, but we will be going down for an extended visit in just a few weeks!
 
Cravings: Grape Fruit Bars by Edy's.  I was eating like 2 a day, and now we ran out, so I am anxiously awaiting getting more :)
 
Other crazy symptoms: I've been feeling really tight in my belly, like I'm running out of room.  It not really a skin thing, I wonder if my muscles are about maxed out at their normal range and will begin to stretch more now.

Best Moments this week:My sweet neice McKenna Piper was born on Tuesday!  I CAN NOT WAIT to go see her and kiss her sweet face :)


I had a fun shopping day with Nicole on Monday.  We went to Hobby Lobby and at the best lunch at McAllister's.  Then we came back home and crafted.  Thanks Nicole for such a fun girl day :)


I went back to work this week - one day in the office, then working the rest from home.  I am so blessed to have such a great company to work for.  They have worked so hard to accommodate me in every way and I'm looking forward to this new role :)

No comments: