Thursday, October 4, 2012

35 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 35 weeks
 
Total Weight Gain:  17 lbs (or 32 from my lowest low)

Baby Size:
Coconut (Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lb)
 
My uterus has grown about 1,000 times its original size
Her hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises 

Maternity Clothes I got some awesome maternity jeans from my sister.  They fit so great and look just like normal jeans!  I love having sisters.  Thanks Lisa!
 
Gender: We are having a Girl! 
 
Movement: Lots of kicking and hiccuping still.  She is getting so big that the hiccups feel like big pops, usually down on my left side above my hip.  The kicking is very much up in my ribs, and sometimes it feels like she is just feeling around with her toes - pinching all my organs!

At the end of the day, or when I'm not feeling well, its easy to get a little irritated at the continuous kicking, but truly it is such a blessing to feel her move all the time, and not have to worry about our little sweetie.
 
Sleep: I've been getting plenty of sleep lately.  I got my flu shot this week, so last night I couldn't sleep on my right side at all.  My hip and shoulder were complaining when I got up this morning, but most nights I wake up feeling good.

Cravings: This week I've been craving fruit and chocolate.  Not necessarily together.  I'm glad to have some crisp apples back in the house, and I also bought peaches, perfectly ripe bananas and some dried dates (very sweet!).
 
Other crazy symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks.  They were pretty intense for about 3 days in a row, just tight tension in my stomach muscles, almost continuously.  So the contractions themselves were not painful, but the frequency and duration made them very uncomfortable, and it left me quite sore.  Finally I told my sister and she said I wasn't drinking enough water (not surprising, being me - Neil and my Mom are probably rolling their eyes reading this).  So I started chugging water and lo and behold things are SOO much better.  Thanks Karen for the tip!  
 
Best Moments this week:  
I went to the Dr yesterday and he said I'm dilated to a one, and I thought he said 80% effaced, but maybe he meant 20% effaced, 80% to go.  Anyway, he said that doesn't mean I'm about to go into labor or anything, but its just a really good sign for a 1st pregnancy that the baby is in the right position and everything is working properly!  Yea! I am so thankful for my Dr.  I trust him so much and feel so confident in his opinion.

Neil took me on a date Friday - dinner and a movie!  I guess we better stock up on those while we can!  

Neil's parents bought a house in OKC!  We are so excited to have them so close.  Hadley will be a frequent visitor at Gran and Granna's, as well as Grandma and Grandpa's!  What a blessed little girl :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Julie!! I can't believe little Hadley is so close to arriving :) We can't wait to meet her!

Isn't that amazing how God made us to be able to have babies. Your uterus can grow to 1000 times it's original size and return back to normal! Wow!

Yes, you better stock up on those dates lol