Wednesday, October 17, 2012

36 Week Bumpdate


How Far Along: 36 weeks
 
Total Weight Gain:  17 lbs (or 32 from my lowest low) - no gain this week!  I made up for my 2 lbs last week I guess

Baby Size:
Honeydew (Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lb
  • She's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own.
  • Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid.
  • Her liver and kidneys are in working order.
  • Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.

Maternity Clothes This week I refashioned a sweater into a cardigan!  I love it so much and wear it quite often.
 
Gender: We are having a Girl! 
 
Movement: My poor baby is running out of room!  She simultaneously pushes on all sides of my belly!  She is getting so strong :)
 
Sleep: The sleeping part is fine, and I get to go to sleep and wake up when I want to most days which is super helpful to my tired old body.  I can't imagine having to go to work at this point - I think I would be worthless by the end of the day.  As it is I'm about out of energy after 8:00 and usually just sit on the couch until I fall asleep or go to bed!

Cravings: Never in the whole pregnancy have I craved sweets like I do right now.  I bought and ate a whole bag of peanut M&M's in no time flat.  That is in addition to my ovaltine and icecream.  I better watch out - now is an easy time to pack on the pounds - and I sure don't want to when I'm so close to being done!
 
Other crazy symptoms: I've been having some weird pain - usually in the middle of the night - that feels like my organs are being crushed by a tight band around my stomach just below my ribs.  I thought it might be braxton hicks, but the muscles aren't tight at all during the pain.  Then I thought it could be heartburn, but why would that start after 5 hours of sleep?  I talked to my dr about it and he said it was either just that my organs are bruised from being pinched between my ribs and the baby, or it could be my gallbladder!  I do think I have some bruising, but that doesn't describe the intenseness of the pain - its like I'm going to pass out!  And it only lasts for 5 minutes or so, and then fades away.  I guess gallbladder issues range in severity, so we will reassess after the pregnancy.  He said it could just be that I ate some rich food that night and caused my gallbladder to act up, or it could be a more permanent problem requiring surgery, but we wouldn't do surgery until after the pregnancy!  Talk about freak me out!  I think he was just listing worse case scenarios, so he said just keep an eye on it for now.
 
Best Moments this week:  
I was pretty bummed after my dr's apt - I'm not sure what got me upset - it wasn't really the gallbladder thing, I think it was just a bunch of small things added together and pregnancy moodiness.  Anyway, when Neil came home from work he surprised me with some beautiful mums and two little pumpkins!  I put them on the porch and they make me happy everyday :)
 


No comments: