Thursday, September 20, 2012

33 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 33 weeks

Total Weight Gain:  13 lbs (or 28 from my lowest low)

Baby Size:
Durian Fruit (Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lb)

I don't know what that is - here is a picture!
  • She's keeping her eyes open while awake.
  • She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • Her bones are hardening.
  • And she's going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!




Maternity Clothes: I can't believe we are officially in the 9th month!  It feels so surreal.  Two more weeks and it will be October!  This baby will be here before we know it!  I'm going to try to make it the rest of the pregnancy without buying more clothes, because after all, we only have such a short time left!

Gender: We are having a Girl! 
Movement: Sunday morning during church my stomach started going wild again!  It was rolling with waves of kicks and bouncing back and fourth (apparently she liked the sermon!).  I didn't attempt to get Neil's attention this week, but just enjoyed my belly and giggled to myself.  He heard me giggling and looked over.  "Woah! Holy Cow!" were his next words!  So we both stared at my belly.  Then the guy sitting on the other side of me heard Neil's exclamations and looked over!  He was equally as shocked!  So we all three stared at Hadley's kicks and wiggles for about 2 minutes!  What a strong girl :)
Sleep: Been sleeping good.  I really missed my maternity pillow while I was in OKC.  I would say I would have to start traveling with it, but we shouldn't be going out of town again before the baby comes.  Plus I think it would fill up half the car by itself!

Cravings: I have really been enjoying some sweet crisp apples lately.  I mix up peanut butter and honey and dip the apple slices in.  It is so good!  And pretty healthy too :)

Other crazy symptoms: Is there such a thing as pregnancy allergies?  I think I am allergic to ragweed, but I never have been before.  Very weird.
Best Moments this week: 
We went to OKC to visit my family for the last time before the baby comes (ICan'tBelieveIt!).  We had such a wonderful trip.  My mom helped save me from a quilt crisis and my sisters got to see Hadley move/feel her hiccuping!

My sisters threw me a glorious shower with all my friends from OKC.  It was Ice Cream Sundae themed and we had so much fun!  Every little detail was perfect from the ice cream and millions of toppings, to the crystal candy bowls, ice cream cone decorations, hair bow making station and a little clothes line to hang the baby clothes on after they were opened for all to see!  I'll share some pictures once I get them :)

We had our first class at the hospital - BabySense.  It was really good and covered a lot of topics from diapering to bathing, car seats and infant safety.  Next week we have a couple more classes.  Hope we will be prepared for at least some of the things living with a baby will bring!

I finished my stencil!  FINALLY!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay!! I want to come see your stencil!

Karen said...

I can't wait to see your stencil either!! We're ready for a full nursery tour ;)

Love you!!