Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last day of March

Ah March, my favorite month. The birth of springtime and the beginning of new growth. This windy month has breezed by and floated softly into April.
Today started out pretty rough! I woke up with a stomach ache and still felt bad even after I took some medicine! So I called in to work and told them that I was going to be a few hours late and then just curled up in a ball on the couch. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who happened to be working from home today! He snuggled up right next to me and just held me for about an hour, until I felt better :) I told him that he has the "chest of healing". Thats a term I made up because I learned in college that really premature babies, ones so little that they can't be held, are sometimes laid on their mothers chest to promote healing. Here is a quote from everything2.com that I just found about it
"Premature babies thrive when placed skin to skin on their mother or father's chest long before they are stable enough to feed. Often, they are still on a respirator when such "Kangaroo Care" is initiated. They settle down quickly into deeper REM sleep and use fewer calories crying and wiggling thus allowing for better growth."
Pretty cool huh? Well there is your random piece of knowledge for today! I just feel so blessed to have Neil. It meant so much to me that he took time from his really busy day to just hold me and help me feel better :)We finally got our house all put together! We have started hosting some leadership training meetings at our house so it gave us a deadline to finially get the last boxes unpacked. Here's a pic of our new bookshelves!

1 comment:

Kenny and Karen said...

I'm sorry you were feeling bad! That is NO fun :(

I saw the videos of your house. It is OH SO VERY VERY cute! I love all of your decorations and colors! I can't wait to see it in person!

I hope you're feeling MUCH better today!