Thursday, August 9, 2012

27 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 27 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs (or 21 from my lowest low)

Baby Size:
Rutabaga (Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb.)

Maternity Clothes:
I got a ton of wonderful maternity clothes this week from some sweet ladies at church.  It is such a blessing to not have to go out and spend a lot of money on clothes that I will only wear for a few months :) - Thanks Amanda and Heather!

Gender: Girl, Girl, Girl!! Its a sweetie little Girl!

Movement: She got the hiccups this week!  It was so cute, I was laying in bed and she kept kicking softly, so I moved so Neil could feel her.  Then I realized that the movements were very rhythmic and softer than her usual kicks and I put it together that it must be hiccups!
Sleep: My sister lent me her maternity pillow and it is awesome!  It wraps around your whole body and is very supportive - Thanks Karen!

Cravings: We found CAFFEINE FREE DR PEPPER at walmart!!! I was so excited!  I've been trying not to go crazy on the carbonated beverages, and drink lots of water, but there is just something about a soda that boosts my spirit on a long day.  I had been doing caffeine free coke, but just found out about the Dr. P.

Other crazy symptoms: Its been a beautiful week - we got a great rain on Wednesday and it has cooled off into the 80's and is just gorgeous!  However, before the cool down, I was having heat stroke like a furnace!  I'm usually cold blooded and end up being chilled anytime I'm indoors no matter what the outdoor temp, so this has been quite a change for me.
 
Best Moments this week: We went to OKC for the weekend.  It was so much fun!  We celebrated Neil's birthday and my sister gave me a pedicure :)  We also got a baby swing from my sister and it is so crazy to walk past the nursery and see a little baby thing in there!  Its making it feel very real!

My dad did lots of work on a changing table for our sweet girl and Neil spent the week painting it and our book shelf.  Things are starting to come together!  Only 13 weeks left :)

No comments: