Thursday, August 16, 2012

28 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Total Weight Gain:  7 lbs (or 22 from my lowest low)

Baby Size:
Eggplant (Average size: 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb.)

Maternity Clothes
I'm starting to get into the groove of maternity clothes - understanding what still fits and what doesn't.  Finally.

Gender: Girl, Girl, Girl!! Its a sweetie little Girl!

Movement: My girl is so active.  She has hit the phase of kicking where you can visibly see my stomach moving :)
Sleep: The crazy dreams are out in full force - from an attempted robbing by a craig's list buyer to having an african american baby with an ex-boyfriend.  I'm ready for some normal happy dreams where neil and I have a baby together and she looks like us and we are all happy and the world is wonderful :)  Neil said those dreams are called day dreams lol

Cravings: always and forever Ice-cream.  This week I've also been enjoying hummus and fresh plums.  But not together.

Other crazy symptoms: Drainage/Stuffy Nose/Coughing.  Its been worse since I had my cold, but I've really had these symptoms the whole pregnancy.  I also feel like my stomach is squashed so I can't eat as much as I used to.
Best Moments this week: Marty and Kelly came up for the weekend and we had a wonderful time!  Nicole, Colt and I went shopping and out to lunch - so fun!  We also had our doctor's appointment this week which was wonderful.  We had our 2nd ultrasound and we were a little disapointed not to be able to see more of our sweetheart's face.  She is head down already, and had her face squashed up against the placenta so we couldn't get a clear shot.  But I could see her little heart beating (146) and her little lips sucking.  We are so glad to have a healthy girl.  I'm measuring in the 45th percentile and the baby weighs about 2lbs 10oz.  Only 12 weeks left!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness!!! Only 12 weeks left!! I'm so excited for you guys :)

That is so precious to see her little lips sucking during the ultrasound. Just wait until you see them in person and you'll be even MORE in love (if that's even possible).

I'm so glad you are feeling good and able to enjoy the pregnancy now a days! That is great!!

We are praying for you all everyday :)