Thursday, July 5, 2012

22 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 22 weeks
 

Total Weight Gain: 0 lbs!!!

Baby Size:
Papaya (Average size: 10.5 inches (from head to toe), 12.7 oz.)

Maternity Clothes:
I bought a couple new dresses to wear in this summer heat and several pairs of flat shoes that should last me for a long time!

Gender:
Sorry for the suspense - we still have a few people to tell in person!

Movement: Lots of kicks and wiggles.  I always wait until I feel about 3 in a row, then hollar for Neil to come over, at which time the baby gets perfectly still and doesn't move anymore haha.


Sleep: I'm having quite a bit of hip pain, since I mostly sleep on my side.  I've been trying to sleep tilted on my back, with the pillow under half of me so that I'm not fully on my back or fully on my side.  That seems to help some.  I also just read to try to keep your hips as parallel as possible by putting pillows between your legs.  I might try doubling up on my pillows to see if that helps.

Cravings: Is it possible to become addicted to ovaltine?  I had it two times yesterday, and already once this morning and I want it again.  It even sounds more appealing than the chocolate chip cookies sitting in the kitchen (that may or may not be because I already had 3).  Ok, you talked me into it - I'm getting some more :)


Other crazy symptoms: Can I just say that I LOVE being pregnant?  My family all commented on how proud I am of my belly.  My sister walked in the room and said "Joo-lee!?!?!..... I like your new car" (we bought Neil's parents car this weekend).  But after only hearing her say my name in an excited/impressed voice, I pooked out my belly, put my hands on my hips and stared down at my "accomplishment" with apparent pride!  I had decided without even hearing what she was excited about that she was obviously talking about my belly! haha



Best Moments this week: I might have decorated my belly for the 4th of July.....  I told Neil that I decorated it for him, but he was not convinced.  He said, "no, you decorated it for you!  If there are two things in this world that make you happy it is the 4th of July and your pregnant belly!"  I was feeling a little pouty about not getting to celebrate with my family or friends, but Neil and I had our own little party and made steak and corn on the cob and fried squash!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lov the belly pic, so cute!